IT Senior Developer - Digital (HYBRID)
- - IT - Digital & Web Applications
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Med/Dental/Vision; Company Paid Life/STD/LTD; 401(k) Match; Hybrid, Flexible Work Environment; Open Vacation Plan & Add'l Generous Paid Time Off
IT - SENIOR DEVELOPER – DIGITAL & WEB APPLICATIONS (HYBRID)
Hartford, CT or Middleton, WI
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including various bonus opportunities, a hybrid work environment, an innovative open vacation plan, generous paid leave policies, fully vested Company matching 401k, Company paid Life Insurance; Short and Long Term Disability policies, and professional and educational growth opportunities?
CapSpecialty®, a fast-paced, growing Insurance Carrier seeks an experienced, customer-focused Senior Developer for its Information Technology Department. This individual will provide development support for a new custom developed workbench application serving Underwriting, Claims, Legal, & Finance departments. The Sr. Developer will be responsible for providing production support for the application that supports Enterprise Content Management for multiple business teams. Support will be provided for Angular, Python and AWS technical stack. They will ensure application availability, performance, security, and data integrity of the system are maintained and will work within the agile Systems Development Life Cycle. This is a hands-on development role.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of systems development experience with a track record of supporting production applications.
- Proven experience in implementing insurance related systems, document management/imaging, or financial systems.
- Demonstrable experience in business process re-engineering, efficiency improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Strong knowledge of data processing concepts, particularly in insurance and financial systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle and Project Management methodologies.
- Proven skills in business automation, processes improvement and change management.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time-management skills.
- Must be highly self-motivated requiring minimal direction.
- Must be a strong, results-oriented, team player willing to work in highly dynamic environment.
- Strong documentation skills with excellent oral and written communication skills also a must.
CapSpecialty®, is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page