IT Application Lead Developer (HYBRID)
- - IT - Applications
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Med/Dental/Vision; Company Paid Life/STD/LTD; 401(k) Match; Hybrid, Flexible Work Environment; Open Vacation Plan & Add'l Generous Paid Time Off
IT - APPLICATION LEAD DEVELOPER (HYBRID)
Hartford, CT or Middleton, WI
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including various bonus opportunities, a hybrid work environment, an innovative open vacation plan, generous paid leave policies, fully vested Company matching 401k, Company paid Life Insurance; Short and Long Term Disability policies, AND professional and educational growth opportunities?
CapSpecialty®, a fast-paced, growing Insurance Carrier seeks an experienced, customer-focused Application Lead Developer for its Information Technology Department. This individual will provide technical leadership for a custom developed workbench application and interfaces serving Underwriting, Claims, Legal, & Finance departments. The Application Lead Developer will partner with Solutions Architecture to ensure detailed solutions are implemented, and partner/mentor other application developers accordingly. They will be responsible for driving application development and ensuring application availability, performance, security, and data integrity of the system are maintained and that the agile Systems Development Life Cycle process is utilized effectively for the applications within scope. This is a hands-on lead development role.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Applications or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of systems development experience with a track record of increasing levels of responsibility.
- Proven experience in implementing insurance related systems, document management/imaging, or financial systems.
- Demonstrable experience in business process re-engineering, efficiency improvement and cost reduction projects.
- 5+ years' experience leading or mentoring other technical team members within complex systems projects.
- 5-7 years systems analysis experience with experience implementing applications in a complex production environment.
- Strong knowledge of data processing concepts, particularly in insurance and financial systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle and Project Management methodologies.
- Proven skills in business automation, processes improvement and change management.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time-management skills.
- Must be highly self-motivated requiring minimal direction.
- Must be a strong, results-oriented, team player willing to work in highly dynamic environment.
- Must possess the ability to learn new technologies quickly and perform critical problem solving as necessary.
- Strong documentation skills with excellent oral and written communication skills also a must.
CapSpecialty®, is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page