Systems Security Engineer (Hybrid)
- - IT - Security
- Middleton, WI, USA
- Full Time
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Fully Vested Matching 401(k);Company Paid Life Insurance, STD and LTD; Open Vacation Policy and Add'l Generous Paid Leave Policies
Systems Security Engineer
Hybrid Work Environment - Middleton, WI
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan; generous paid sick, maternity and family bonding leave; fully vested matching 401k; Various Bonus opportunities; Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability plans; professional and educational growth opportunities with tuition reimbursement, hybrid, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking a Systems Security Engineer to partner with various business and IT stakeholders in recommending, designing, operationalizing, and administering CapSpecialty's cybersecurity components to:
- mitigate internal and external risks,
- meet company and regulatory compliance requirements, and
- provide comprehensive operational monitoring and reporting.
The Systems Security Engineer works with management to create, document, implement, and manage policies and procedures that ensure the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of data and other IT assets. The Security Administrator will be responsible for providing periodic off-hour support, e.g.: evenings and/or weekends, if needed.
Education & Experience:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with 7 years of network engineering, systems administration, and IT security experience.
- Proven understanding of security controls and technologies including firewall, SIEM, DLP, WAF, and IPS.
- Familiarity with compliance and security standards and guidelines such as: NIST, CIS, ISO 27001/2, PCI DSS, is desirable.
- Experience with cloud service offerings and related security controls for, e.g., AWS and Azure.
- Familiarity with enterprise identity and namespace services (e.g., Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, Oauth, SAML), is desirable.
- Expertise with enterprise certificate management and PKI services.
- Working knowledge of network/security infrastructure, and data center modeling, analysis and planning
- In-depth knowledge of security and network operations.
- Must be able to track project status/deliverables, identify issues/risks, and assist in the completion of documentation, training material, and mentoring.
- Proven ability to deal well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs and delivering measurable results in an agile, fast-paced environment. Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time-management skills.
- The ability to develop collaborative working relationships across various technical and business units.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to present complex technical topics to a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Must be highly self-motivated requiring minimal direction.
- High levels of enthusiasm, energy, and goal-orientation.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page