Underwriter Trainee - (HYBRID Work Environment)
- - UW - E&O
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Med/Dental/Vision; Company Paid Life/STD/LTD; 401(k) Match; Hybrid, Flexible Work Environment; Open Vacation Plan & Add'l Generous Paid Time Off
Hybrid Work Environment - CT/WI/IL
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan; generous paid sick, maternity and family bonding leave; fully vested matching 401k; Various Bonus opportunities; Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability plans; professional and educational growth opportunities with tuition reimbursement, hybrid, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced, business-focused Underwriting Trainee to assist with their Small Miscellaneous Professional Liability, Technology Errors & Omissions, and Cyber Professional Liability Underwriting teams.
While demonstrating initiative, an ability to think outside the box, and a willingness to challenge conventional thinking, this positon will be responsible for brokers' production and profitability; collaborating with the Underwriting team in all aspects of the underwriting process, including gathering, screening, analyzing and evaluating information on new and existing accounts; auditing accounts and overall broker performance; making recommendations to the underwriters based on evaluation; and providing exceptional customer service to agents and brokers.
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Minimum one year insurance industry experience preferred.
- Ability to take the initiative and think outside the box.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be a positive, team player, working independently and within a dedicated, hardworking environment.
- Knowledge of basic industry concepts.
- Technically competent in all standard business software applications, including the internet and Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page