IT Senior Software Engineer - Digital (HYBRID)
- - IT - Digital & Web Applications
- Hybrid Work Environment, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Med/Dental/Vision; Company Paid Life/STD/LTD; Matching 401(k); Hybrid Work Environment; Open Vacation Policy
IT SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (DIGITAL)
Hartford, CT or Middleton, WI
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including various bonus opportunities, a hybrid work environment, an innovative open vacation plan, generous paid leave policies, fully vested Company matching 401k, Company paid Life Insurance and Short and Long Term Disability policies, professional and educational growth opportunities?
CapSpecialty®, a fast-paced, growing Insurance Carrier seeks an experienced, customer-focused Senior Software Engineer for its Information Technology Department. This individual will provide technical solutions in architecture, design, and development of our web-based applications. Provide creative technical solutions to business problems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent
- 5+ years OOAD and 3 years .NET, WordPress, or PHP application development experience
- Or Master's Degree with at least 3 years OOAD and 3 years .NET, WordPress, or PHP application development experience.
- Minimum 3 years developing applications in the Commercial Insurance Industry.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing web applications using WordPress, PHP, or .NET Architecture.
- Experience in developing MVC web applications - Presentation layer, Business Logic Layer, Data Layer, Network, Security, Scalability, Performance tuning.
- 2+ years experience in system administration is required. Strong working knowledge using Design Patterns is required.
- Familiarity with SQL and MSSQL Server. AWS Pipeline or MS Azure pipeline knowledge preferred.
- Must have professional experience developing internet-based business systems, with a working knowledge of portals, content management systems, secure web development practices, user interface design, and effective software development methodology.
- Must be a strong, results-oriented, team player willing to work in highly dynamic environment.
- Must possess the ability to learn new technologies quickly and perform critical problem solving as necessary.
- Strong documentation skills with excellent oral and written communication skills also a must.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page