Senior Underwriter / Director - Financial Institutions - IL
- - UW-financial Institutions
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Senior Underwriter / Director – Financial Institutions
CT / IL / NY / NJ
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty seeks a self-motivated, adaptable Senior Underwriter / Director to add to its experienced, team-oriented staff. This individual will ensure profitable results and premium growth by adhering to underwriting guidelines as well as ensuring consistency and accuracy of all work produced. This individual will develop and manage broker relationships while marketing CapSpecialty and its products as needed.
While delivering service excellence, this position will be responsible for underwriting and servicing new and existing accounts within underwriting authority; and responding to broker, insured and management inquiries.
Education & Experience:
- 2-6 years professional liability underwriting experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- General familiarity with intellectual property, privacy, personal injury, security exposures and issues.
- Knowledge of insurance technical basics.
- Basic understanding of financial evaluation tools.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact well with internal resources at all levels.
- General understanding of a wide variety of businesses and organizations, the services they provide, as well as the regulatory, legislative, legal and economic factors that affect them.
- Must be skilled in using personal computers, the internet and multiple software programs.
- Familiarity with financial institution management and professional liability exposures and issues.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page