- - UW - Construction Liability
- New York City, NY, USA
- Full Time
- Med/Dental/Vision; Company Paid Life/STD/LTD; Matching 401(k); Flexible Work Environment; Open Vacation Policy
New York City, NY; Chicago, IL; or Remote
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced, business-focused commercial liability underwriter to join our Construction Underwriting team. With an emphasis on providing quality and service to our wholesale production partners, this position will be responsible for new business production and renewal business servicing. Other expectations will be to work in a team environment to achieve premium production goals of the department, build and maintain relationships with our wholesale production partners, and develop marketing and distribution strategies. The underwriter will also assist in crafting policy language and must be able to interact well with internal resources. Senior level available commensurate with experience.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional liability underwriting experience, environmental or construction focus preferred.
- Completed or continuing work towards industry certification (RPLU, CIC, CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- General familiarity with intellectual property, privacy, personal injury, security exposures and issues and knowledge of insurance technical basics.
- Basic understanding of financial evaluation tools.
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact well with internal resources at all levels.
- Ability to develop familiarity with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, the services they provide, as well as the regulatory, legislative, legal and economic factors that affect them.
- Technically competent in all standard business software applications.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer