- - IT - Infrastructure
- Middleton, WI, USA
- Full Time
Middleton, WI or Hartford, CT
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401(k), professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking a Systems Engineer with broad experience across Microsoft-based technologies with a focus on Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM)/System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). This employee will be a member of the Information Technology Network Infrastructure team and will help develop and support systems across all of CapSpecialty. The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of progressing experience with Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager/System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Group Policy, Mobile Device Management, and security best practices. Candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with CapSpecialty teammates and customers to gather requirements, plan, build, deploy, and support application packaging, task sequence management, patch management baseline configuration, and/or core infrastructure.
- Efficient in packaging, troubleshooting and remediating application installations, task sequences, and configuration management infrastructure at scale for business servers and endpoints.
- Build highly resilient, high-performance, scalable, and flexible systems. Cloud Management Gateway (CMG) experience preferred.
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage; all supporting the goal of making CapSpecialty systems secure and effective for the business users.
- Solid understanding of (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Windows-based systems and services such as MECM/SCCM, DHCP, DNS, IIS, MS-SQL, etc.
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control policy.
- Define, document and follow standards and best practices for systems design, testing, and implementation.
- Improve efficiency in the management of endpoint systems using automation and available toolsets; identify and attack areas of improvement.
- Proficient in PowerShell with concrete examples of experience; beyond running single cmdlets, experience with writing larger scripts and automation-driven processes.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors and management.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of systems administration and network engineering experience.
- At least 3 years in an enterprise environment supporting business-critical applications in a mixed operating system environment.
- Experience configuring network components and servers supporting web-based applications, enterprise databases, and other network resources.
- Specific experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux, VMWare, IIS, WebSphere, Exchange, WAN communications, storage area networks, security/protection software, monitoring systems, network management systems, Oracle and SQL databases.
- Overall technical skillset, depth of knowledge related to CapSpecialty specific technology, communication skills, leadership skills and understanding of the business will determine senior or non-senior level placement.
- Excellent communication skills, ensuring that consistent, effective and respectful written and verbal communication is utilized while working for CapSpecialty.
- The ability to work well within a team or individually to deliver projects or tasks on time and within budget.
- Flexibility with work hours will be required including the potential of working early, late evenings and/or weekends.
- Position requires employee to be part of a 24x7 on call rotation to ensure CapSpecialty's environment is functioning at acceptable levels.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer