Senior IT Business Analyst
- - IT - Business Intelligence
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
Senior IT Business Analyst
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced customer service focused individual to join our IT team as a Senior Business Analyst. This position will solve company software requirements by acting as a liaison among business departments, outside clients, and the Information Services Department. Some responsibilities include: improve systems by eliciting and documenting requirements from users from various departments within the company and address both known and unidentified needs; contribute to continuous enhancement of the requirements definition process; provide first-level support for systems by researching and resolving problems with users from various departments within the company; and ensure system stays current by researching, testing and documenting various problems with systems, software and updates with software vendor.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 5-7+ years IT experience. Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced technical knowledge of insurance coverage and policies, insurance law, tort law, construction law, and claims handling practices for one or more lines of business.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Resilient, resourceful, and able to operate in fast paced environment.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing work conditions and expectations.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page