Senior Underwriter - Special Risks
- - UW - Specialty Casualty
- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Chicago, New York or Hartford
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced, business-focused primary and excess casualty underwriter for our Special Risks book of business. With an emphasis on providing quality service to our wholesale production partners, this underwriter will be responsible for new business production and renewal business servicing within the E&S casualty segment. Other expectations will be to work in a team environment to achieve premium production goals of the department, build and maintain relationships with our partners, and develop marketing and distribution strategies. The ideal candidate will have strong underwriting skills and business acumen in excess casualty with expertise writing supported and unsupported excess over general liability, commercial automobile and employer's liability.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 7+ years underwriting primary and excess casualty.
- Substantial producer relationships within the wholesale brokerage channel
- Completion or continuing work towards industry certification (RPLU, CIC, CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- Proven analytical underwriting, reasoning, and methodical problem-solving skills and ability to focus on execution.
- Ability to develop familiarity with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, the services they provide, as well as the regulatory, legislative, legal and economic factors that affect them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-directed and innovative.
- Detail and Service orientated.
- Ability to be a positive, team player, able to work within a dedicated, hardworking environment.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page