Litigation Specialist - PL Healthcare
- - Claims
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced Litigation Specialist for our Healthcare Claims team. This highly motivated individual will investigate, evaluate and resolve behavioral health, human services, miscellaneous medical and other healthcare professional and general liability claims. Senior level available commensurate with experience.
The ideal candidate will possess advanced technical knowledge of insurance coverage and policies, insurance law, tort law, and claims handling practices for healthcare professional and general liability, and have highly refined verbal and written communications skills.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of claims or litigation experience in healthcare professional and general liability is required, 7 or more preferred.
- A J.D. and/or R.N. strongly preferred.
- Experience with hospital excess liability a plus.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Resilient and able to operate under pressure in high complexity, high risk situations.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing work conditions and expectations.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer