- - Legal & Compliance
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401(k), professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced attorney to provide legal, regulatory, and compliance advice on policy wordings and endorsements for all lines of business written by the company, including Professional Liability, General Liability, Healthcare, Casualty, Surety & Fidelity, and Environmental. This role works closely with our underwriters throughout the nation, responding to manuscript endorsements and providing guidance as well as partnering with the Compliance team on state filings and licensing.
Education & Experience:
- Juris Doctorate
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in the P&C insurance industry at a carrier, broker or law firm
- Admitted and in good standing with the bar of at least one state and/or qualified as authorized house counsel in Connecticut
- Strong communication, negotiation, and organization skills
- Excellent understanding of insurance products, laws, and regulations
- Analytical problem-solver
- Highly self-motivated and skilled in turning around significant and diverse workflow with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated success creating collaborative cross-functional partnerships
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing work conditions and expectations
- Understands and communicates complex issues clearly, particularly with non-lawyers
- Fastidious attention to detail
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, and Surety & Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page