Head of Excess Casualty Underwriting
- - UW - Specialty Casualty
- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
Hartford, New York, Chicago, or Madison
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced leader to build our craft excess department. This highly motivated and influential individual will be responsible for creating the strategy and developing the wholesale relationships that drive production and profitability. In addition, this role will be our excess casualty subject matter expert in commercial automobile, healthcare and human services, construction & special risks, environmental, P&C binding, and DragonX. The ability to identify talent and build a high-performance team through coaching and mentoring will be critical to the success of the Head of Excess Casualty.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 15+ years underwriting excess casualty with 5+ years leading high-performance teams.
- Substantial producer relationships within the wholesale brokerage channel
- Industry certification (RPLU, CIC, CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- Proven track record in planning and implementing successful strategies that drive profitability.
- Inspired and innovative leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical underwriting, reasoning, and methodical problem-solving skills and ability to focus on execution.
- Ability to develop familiarity with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, the services they provide, as well as the regulatory, legislative, legal and economic factors that affect them.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing work conditions and expectations.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page