- - IT - Digital & Web Applications
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is a fast-paced, growing Insurance Carrier seeking an experienced, customer-focused and innovative solutions architect. The Solution Architect works to provide holistic solutions and processes which integrate IT and Business requirements to support tactical and strategic projects. This position is responsible for thought leadership for cross-functional teams and implementing or operationalizing solutions where development and configuration skills meet business needs.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of application development, infrastructure, or business analysis, with increasing levels of responsibility
- 2+ years of software development experience with Java, .NET, Nodes.js or Python
- 2+ years in Solutions Architecture or Enterprise Architecture
- 3+ years implementation experience with AWS or Azure certification
- Developing roadmaps and implementing strategies to achieve the future state
- Insurance industry experience required
- Business process analysis and design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Insurance business processes and workflow
- Ability to lead, build, and manage relationships with business partners and across IT
- SaaS or PaaS solutions such as MS Azure, AWS, or Mendix, Informatica, or ServiceNow
- Data technologies for ETL and Business Intelligence such as QlikView, Microstrategy, Pentaho, or IBM Datastage
- Web technologies such as Nginix, Apache, or IIS
- ECM Technologies such as Box, ImageRight, IBM Filenet, or Documentation
- Middleware technologies such as Jenkins, Git, SVN, Docker containers, JBOSS, Websphere, Mulesoft, or Tibco
- Visio diagramming skills
- Project management skills
- Working knowledge of CI/CD processes and technologies
- Working knowledge of Cloud and Data security requirements in a regulated environment
- Enterprise architecture best practices, business architecture, information architecture, application architecture and repository management.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page