- - Actuarial
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced actuary for pricing and reserving. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for complex actuarial analysis, product pricing and development, profitability analysis, preparation of highly complex internal management information and financial reports, and external filings including Rate and Form filings for the Department of Insurance.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics or actuarial science.
- 5+ years experience with property and casualty insurance.
- FCAS designation or an ACAS aspiring for fellowship.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to prepare and analyze complex actuarial reports.
- Knowledge of insurance terminology used in rating policies and mathematical techniques used to calculate premiums.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Resilient, resourceful, and able to operate in faced paced environment.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing work conditions and expectations and to partner effectively with other departments.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page