IT Business & Program Manager
- - IT - Management
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is a fast-paced, growing Insurance Carrier looking for an innovative collaborator to give shape to this newly created position – IT Business and Program Manager. The primary function of this role is to manage the IT department project portfolio and program schedule. This position will develop, optimize, and manage communications inside and out of the IT department. This is a key member of the CIO's team, establishing and managing continuous improvement metrics and streamlines processes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 12+ years managing IT Projects
- 3+ years managing IT Program.
- 2+ years Project Management Office or Office of the CIO/CTO experience
- 5+ years in IT software development or infrastructure services in a business analyst, development, or engineering role
- Insurance industry experience desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead, build, and manage relationships with business partners and across IT
- Must have ability to influence and manage change across the organization
- Project Management Office
- Process development and optimization
- Data analysis
- Vendor management
- Budget and finance
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer