Head of Digital Technology
- - IT - Management
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is a fast-paced, growing Insurance Carrier seeking an experienced, customer-focused, innovative and hands-on digital technology leader. The Head of Digital Technology works to drive holistic solutions and processes internally and externally which integrate IT and Business requirements in digital platforms for transacting insurance and surety bonds. The Head of Digital Technology is responsible for design and thought leadership for cross-functional teams to implement new systems, applications, processes, integrations, SaaS applications, vendor relationships, and applying best practices where warranted. The primary objective is to develop solutions which enable the product lines to transact business online and create productivity and efficiency within IT and the business.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Overall 15+ years experience within IT
- 3+ years experience with developing Digital solutions for the business with a track record of success.
- 3+ years experience in Solution or Enterprise Architecture
- 8+ years of application development, infrastructure, or business analysis, with increasing levels of responsibility
- AWS or Azure implementation experience
- Cloud certification is preferred
- Developing roadmaps and implementing strategies to achieve the future state
- Insurance industry experience required
- Business process analysis and design
- Ability to be hands on with technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Insurance business processes and workflow
- Ability to lead, build, and manage relationships with business partners and across IT
- Must have ability to influence and manage change across the organization
- Agile development techniques
- Continuous integration and deployment automation
- Testing automation
- SaaS or PaaS solutions such as MS Azure, AWS, or Mendix, Informatica, or ServiceNow
- Web technologies such as Nginix, Apache, or IIS
- ECM Technologies such as Box, ImageRight, IBM Filenet, or Documentum
- Integration or middleware technologies such as Jenkins, Git, SVN, Docker containers, JBOSS, Websphere, Mulesoft, or Tibco
- Good presentation and diagramming skills
- Project management skills
- CI/CD processes and technologies
- Cloud and Data security requirements in a regulated environment
- Enterprise architecture best practices, business architecture, information architecture, application architecture and repository management
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page