Senior Claims Specialist - Casualty
- - PL Claims
- Middleton, WI, USA
- Full Time
Middleton, WI or Hartford, CT
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced Senior Claims Specialist to join its Casualty Claims team. This highly motivated individual will investigate, evaluate and resolve third-party property damage, construction defect and environmental claims. The claims may be litigated and non-litigated, potentially in all 50 states. Some claims may be handled directly with the claimant while others will involve managing the defense of complex litigation. The ideal candidate will possess advanced technical skills, highly refined verbal and written communications skills, and have a proven track record of delivering solid claim outcomes on third party property claims, including those with complex coverage issues. This position also requires interaction with our underwriting staff and agent partners to advise on claim issues in general and assigned claim files in particular.
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher. JD or industry certifications strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of casualty insurance claims handling or related litigation defense experience. Expertise in property damage, construction defect, and/or environmental claims desired.
- Adjuster license in at least one state.
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Analytical problem solver.
- Resilient, resourceful, and able to operate with a moderate to high volume claim load.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing work conditions and expectations.
- Ability to travel when necessary (approximately 6-10 times a year for settlement conferences and/or mediations).
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer