Senior Underwriter - D&O
- - PL UW - Professional E&O
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
New York City or Hartford, CT
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced, business-focused professional liability underwriter to assist in managing the Directors & Officers Liability book of business. This underwriter will partner with the Head of D&O to develop and implement the underwriting strategy, new product development, foster positive wholesale brokerage relationships and meet production targets.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 5 + years as a D&O underwriter or broker strongly preferred.
- Established relationships within the insurance brokerage community.
- Completion or continuing work towards industry certification (RPLU, CIC, CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- Proven analytical underwriting, reasoning, and methodical problem-solving skills and ability to focus on execution.
- Ability to develop familiarity with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, the services they provide, as well as the regulatory, legislative, legal and economic factors that affect them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-directed and innovative.
- Detail and Service orientated.
- Ability to be a positive, team player, able to work within a dedicated, hardworking environment.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer