Commercial Underwriter - Surety & Fidelity
- - Commercial Surety UW - GA
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty seeks a self-motivated, adaptable Commercial Surety Underwriter to add to its experienced, fast-paced, team-oriented staff. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure underwriting growth and profitability by underwriting new and renewal business and manage agency relationships. Senior level is available commensurate with experience.
- Underwrite and approve risks with appropriate pricing through review & analysis of financials.
- Generate leads & independently develop business relationships through industry networking, strong customer service and participation in agency functions and general sales calls.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by leading, developing & motivating team members through our service standards, technological tools and house system, CapEx.
- Determine what underwriting guideline changes are needed by investigating and reporting on bond claims and losses.
Education & Experience:
- 3+ years' direct surety underwriting experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- AFSB designation or working towards one is preferred.
- Adaptable underwriting and marketing skills.
- Solid analytical-reasoning skills, methodical problem-solving skills and ability to focus on execution.
- Great interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of bonds, contracts/underwriting docs, procedures and rates.
- Knowledge of specified territory including agency plant, accounts, competition and general business climate.
- Ability to be a team player.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page