Senior Systems Engineer
- - IT - Infrastructure
- Middleton, WI, USA
- Full Time
Middleton, WI. Relocation considered for the right candidate
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty is looking for a skilled senior level systems engineer to provide IT architecture design and planning, installation, configuration, documentation, training and day-to-day support of IT services related to the operation, performance, security, and availability of data, application and voice communications systems. Successful candidates will have experience building servers, analyzing system performance, recommending adjustments and preparing proposals while ensuring cost effective performance. Availability to work flexible hours and be a part of a 24/7 on call rotation is required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of systems administration and network engineering experience in a corporate environment.
- 3+ years in an enterprise environment supporting business critical application in mixed operating system environment.
- Knowledge or experience in P&C insurance is a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server, Linux, VMWare vSphere and Active Directory.
- Strong working knowledge of AWS, Azure, WebSphere and Compellent preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to be a positive, team player, able to work within a dedicated, hardworking environment.
- Self-directed and innovative.
- Detail and Service orientated.
- Highly productive and accurate.
- Demonstrated ability and ardent desire to grasp new technologies required.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer