Senior Claims Specialist - Professional Liability
- - Claims
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty seeks a dynamic, versatile claims professional to add to its experienced, team-oriented staff. This claims professional will investigate, evaluate and resolve claims made against the company's professional liability insurance policies including: insurance agents E&O, lawyers professional liability, miscellaneous E&O, insurance company E&O and D&O; media liability, cyber-liability and privacy, asset managers, and management liability (D&O and EPL) policies. This position also requires frequent interaction with our underwriting staff and agent partners to advise on claim issues in general and assigned claim files in particular. This position may require travel approximately 15% - 20% of the time.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- 7+ years of claims handling experience
- Current adjuster license
- Juris Doctorate or industry certifications (i.e. RPLU, CPCU, AIC) are strongly preferred
- Advanced technical knowledge of insurance coverage and polices, insurance law, employment law, tort law, and claims handling practices for one or more lines of business
- Highly refined verbal and written communications skills
- A proven track record of delivering solid claim outcomes on PL claims
- Ability to multi-task and seamlessly maneuver from a set of issues in one jurisdiction to completely different matters in other jurisdictions
- Forward-thinking capability, including the ability to formulate a strategy and proactively move a claim toward resolution
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer