Assistant Underwriter - Commercial Surety & Fidelity
- - Commercial Surety UW - TX
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty seeks a self-motivated, adaptable underwriting assistant to add to its experienced, team-oriented staff. These individuals will assist Underwriters in all aspects of the underwriting process.
While delivering service excellence, this position will be responsible for gathering, screening, analyzing and evaluating information on new and existing accounts; making underwriting decisions within letter of authority; and making recommendations to the underwriters for accounts outside authority.
Education & Experience:
- One to two years' surety or corporate financial analysis experience
- Associate in Fidelity & Surety Bonding (AFSB) designation, or working towards one is desirable.
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- Adaptable underwriting and marketing skills.
- Solid analytical-reasoning skills, methodical problem-solving skills and ability to focus on execution.
- Great interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of bonds, procedures and rates.
- Knowledge of specified territory including agency plant, accounts, competition and general business climate.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Technically competent in all standard business software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer